iMessage Activation: Before we check on this issue (iMessage Waiting for Activation), it would be better if we glance through the activation process of iMessage. Hence, we are going to show you the stuff on how to activate iMessage initially. After knowing about how to activate iMessage we can look into the issue about “iMessage waiting for activation” when you already know that from now you can also use iMessage On PC.
How to Activate iMessage
- The initial step of activating has to be started by clicking on the SETTINGS icon on your iOS device.
- In the setting option, you have to scroll down to the MESSAGES option.
- In the MESSAGES option, you can see iMessage option with virtual ON/OFF button. Click on the button to ON the iMessage option. You could see a green indication after you switch ON the setting.
- Further, you have to check on “Send as SMS,” and below that, you have to give your email address in “Send & Receive” option.
Though you follow the steps mentioned above, in some cases, the iMessage on your device might not get activated. And it would show a message “iMessage waiting for activation.” For this issue, you will get the solutions in the upcoming texts.
If you would have any interest in using the iMessage on Android then you get the detail process.
What is iMessage Activation Error?
Activating iMessage is easy, until and otherwise, you get the messages like “iMessage waiting for activation,” “An error occurred during activation,” “iMessage activation error,” “iMessage won’t activate,” ”iMessage activation error “and “Activation unsuccessful.” These are the most common iMessage activation issues that one would get during activation.
The processing time for the activation of iMessage used to last until 24 hours. Meanwhile, in some cases, it would simply get activated in an hour. In this piece of article, we are going to exhibit some of the solutions to overcome this kind of issues.
- Also Learn: How To Deregister iMessage
Things to do before fixing iMessage waiting for activation Error:
- The first and foremost thing that you have to check is making sure whether your number got listed on the top of your CONTACTS list. Else, provide your number by following the path, Settings > Phone > My Number. In My number enter your number.
- Check whether both your Apple ID and Mobile number is selected in FaceTime. For this, follow the path, Settings > FaceTime.
- The next thing is Date and Time. Check whether the time and date are correctly set and choose “Set Automatically” in the date and time settings.
- An essential option that you have to check is the network connection. In some cases, improper Wi-Fi connections would cause activation issues in iMessage. So make sure you have enabled cellular network too.
iMessage Waiting For Activation Error – How To Fix
#1: Check Your Internet Connection
The essential thing that helps in the proper working of both iMessage and FaceTime is a finer internet connection. So keep an eye on the internet connection at first if you get any issue in the activation.
- Settings > Wi-Fi/ Cellular > OFF the switch and turn ON the switch after a reboot.
- Reset the network setting if the previous method is found not working. Follow the path Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
#2: Approach Your Carrier
The next efficient way of finding a solution in how to activate iMessage is contacting the carrier. You should know whether your carrier supports iMessage. You can approach the support team for knowing the limitation for your iMessage and things like blocks and filters on text messages.
#3: Updating The Carrier Settings
Updating your carrier settings is one of the effective ideas for overcoming the iMessage activation issues. You have to check whether the Wi-Fi or Cellular data is enabled and follow the path, Settings > General > About. If it has an update, you will get Update button for updating.
#4: Apple ID – Sign Out, Sign In
Signing out from your Apple ID and re-signing in could also help in overcoming the iMessage activation issue. Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, in send & receive option, tap on Apple ID and click on Sign out option. Further, turn off iMessage and turn it on after a while and sign-in to your Apple ID again.
#5 Airplane Mode
You have to just ON and OFF the airplane mode. It is one of the simplest methods, and it also sounds little crazy. But it works in certain cases. Settings > Messages > switch OFF iMessage. After doing so, turn on the Airplane mode which in turn would switch off the Wi-Fi connection.
Now, switch on the Wi-Fi connection and turn on the iMessage. After a while, turn OFF the Airplane Mode. Doing this step would show you a notification saying “Your carrier may charge for SMS,” you can touch on OK.
If nothing works for you from any of our provided solutions for iMessage waiting for activation error issue, then you can also contact Apple for help if the problem continues even after the software update or restore your device.
These are some of the effective and efficient solutions to the iMessage activation error issue.